Monday, November 28, 2011

Don't Mess with Snowbanks


I've seen it twice now, a carcass, no, a skeleton, by the side of the road, picked completely clean, ravens and a few bald eagles still hanging around.  These are bright orange-yellow, for some reason.  They must be deer, as nothing else on the island has rib cages that big.  It makes sense that it's a deer by the side of the road, too.  I'll have to stop and take a picture next time I see one.  You really have to see it to believe it.  Winter hasn't even officially begun, either, so I'm guessing there will be a few more opportunities for pictures.

I found out 'four wheel drive' does not mean go anywhere and do anything.  Right on our own driveway, I got stuck this morning, trying to get Kathy to work.  Kathy was near panic attack as I slipped and slid and finally came to a dead stop.  Hey, I didn't hit any trees or stumps or the house!  I had to get the shovel and work it for 20 minutes to get it out, then shovel a path through the small snowbank at the head of the driveway, created by the snowplow as he cleared the road.  Okay, now I know better.  Shovel first, drive second.  

It's been years, longer than a decade, since we had to park a car outside, so we are a little spoiled.  Wouldn't you know it would have to be in a northern climate, where a garage would really come in handy, that we have to learn to do without a garage?  It would be very nice not to have to scrape ice off the windows and snow off the car, before pulling away.  

Kelli and Jared and Henry are coming for Christmas!  We were hoping, but since they were just here, we weren't sure they could swing it.  This is a happy surprise!  They will come early in December, and then be here for the first two days of Brady and Faith's visit, so that will be fun.  As much as we'd like to have them all here together a longer time, this way no one will have to stay someplace else.  We will have a crowded house for those two days, but it will be nothing but fun.  We can hardly wait!

I picked Kathy up at lunch at we went to the TruValue store to look for Christmas lights  (somehow, we brought NONE of our Christmas decorations with us!  We are still baffled by how this happened.).  We are liking our TruValue store.  It has lots of stuff, and good prices.  

While we were there, I saw something I haven't seen in over a decade.  There it was, a common product, right out in the open, no cage and key!  Whoa, this is crazy!  I can just reach out and pick up a can of spray paint?!  I don't have to find a clerk?!  You won't find this in San Diego, folks!


California and rainy Prince of Wales that I've come across!  Crazy, right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment