Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Prince of Whales Island

I haven't confirmed if she did it on purpose or not, but someone has re-named our island, and the new name makes much more sense.  With so many whales, and five different kinds, what a great name!

Cold again today, with a little bit of snow, but it wasn't sticking.  Later it turned to 'freezing fog.'  I had to scrape the windshield this morning, and in the evening, maybe a first.  Wish we had a nice garage.  I went out for a walk, something I need to do more often.  It was about 32 degrees and fog was rolling in across the water.  Even with my gloves on, my hands were freezing unless they were in my coat pockets.  It was already getting dark, not the bet time to walk, but better than not walking at all.  We've had no luck with the new elliptical we ordered:  they won't even return our calls.  We so need this to get here!  Brady says the success rate of home exercise equipment is very low, but we are both highly motivated!

So far the online vendors and US Mail are working for us, with a little more than ten days to Christmas.  We are keeping our fingers crossed our luck holds.  

SEARHC had a family counseling candidate here for interviews.  Kathy surprised me by bringing him by the house during a tour of Klawock.  He and a co-worker of Kathy's were very impressed.  We do have to pinch ourselves sometimes, at how lucky we were to get this cute place.  

The Christmas lights are up in Craig, up and down main street.  The Klawock Christmas Tree gets lit on Thursday, just after Kelli and Jared and Henry arrive.  Friday evening is the Craig Holiday Show, which will be fun.  Saturday we will venture out into the Tongass to find our tree and cut it down.  This will be a first, freshest cut tree ever!  

I'm still working with Cigna, who believes the right and proper charge for a crown is $250.  Even the supervisor I'm working with acknowledges this is ridiculously low.  We are on our fourth day of telephone calls, though, so not sure how successful I'm going to be in getting it changed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment