Monday, February 13, 2012

Finally, a Department Director

Sorry everyone, really lagging on my blog.  A job taking 37.5 hours of your week puts a crimp in my free time, you know?


The new Transportation Department Director started today, and at first glance, she is experienced, direct yet still personable, and goal-oriented, so we should get along fine.  I'm looking forward to the department getting its act together quickly, and moving forward.  


I got to walk home again today, as I have about twice a week since my second week.  February has been relatively rain-free, which helps.  The sun is staying up longer and longer, and that helps.  Check out my Facebook page for the scenery I had walking home today.


Kathy is full up on patients, and looking forward to a new counselor starting soon, to help with the client load.  His starting day keeps getting put off, for some reason.  Kathy got equally good news in that a licensed marriage and family counselor will start in the Juneau center the end of this month, and so she will be able to get supervised hours for the license she came up to Alaska to get in the first place.  This is really good news.


You won't see me writing much about Kathy's job, due to the sensitive nature, which she cannot share with me.  I do know she gets almost weekly compliments, from patients, friends of patients, and co-workers who overhear patients talking, plus from her boss.  She also gets frequent referrals from current clients, which says they appreciate your counseling.  


So far, we know of two friends that have booked cruises to Alaska for this year.  One of them will be in Ketchikan on a weekend, so we plan on taking the ferry over for a day and a night, and catching dinner with them.  The other couple will hit Ketchikan during the middle of the week, so we'll have to miss them.  


For anyone who is thinking about coming up to visit us this year, I found a nice graph that explains the best times to visit, depending on what you want to see:  Best Times to Visit Southeast Alaska  The first half of June looks like the best overall time.  


Planning continues on the 13th Annual Prince of Wales Island International Marathon and Half Marathon, which happens May 26th.  I'm on the committee, and enjoying working to make this event special for all participants.  


Happy Valentine's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment