Saturday, January 25, 2014

A Post for Friday, January 17th

Another tie cut with California, closing out our California Coast Credit Union accounts.  I waited awhile to do cut this chord, having enjoyed the excellent service of this credit union, but alas, we really didn't need it, weren't using it.  

We started years ago, with the Kearny Mesa Federal Credit Union.  It was just around the corner from Wavetek, where I worked.  After a few years, they changed their name to First Future Credit Union.  At some point, they merged with Santel Credit Union, then California Coast.  All through the years, we had great service, and enjoyed belonging to a banking institution that was non-profit, run by us, its members.  I wish millions more realized the benefits of using a credit union, and joined.  It's really a no-brainer, with no downside at all.

I had physical therapy today for the third time, for my shoulder, which I was told two years ago has a severely-torn rotator cuff.  I didn't have the surgery then because I couldn't take six weeks off from my job to recuperate.  It really hasn't bothered me since, but partly because I shied away from doing any real work with it.  My therapist put me through a battery of exercises, and is sure he can take care of it with therapy, which is great news.

I'm back on the elliptical, too.  Today was the fifth day in a row, after almost two weeks without using it.  The water leak we had, and the discovery of so much rodent poop in the ceiling of the room where I exercise kept me off it.  Plus, with the McCannell's moving in, there just didn't seem to be time.  I don't need much to put it off, really have to focus to keep at it.  I'm a morning person when it comes to exercise.  The chances of me getting on the machine at 7:00 AM are 90%, slip to 80% at 8:00 AM, 60% at 9:00 AM, and 50% after that.  So the fact that I've kept with it five days in a row, and after a significant lull, is big/good news!

We will finish our first week of the combined household tonight.  I would say it's gone very well, and hope Kelli and Jared feel the same.  Of course, it helps that I am not working, so not part of the morning shower routine, and have a flexible, or no, schedule. I'm picking up Henry four days a week now, with his Grampie picking him up on Thursdays. 

Henry is definitely having the toughest time adjusting, as you might imagine.  He's at Bumpie and Nona's house, but now it's Momma and Daddy's rules.  We are still working that out, so no wonder he is having some trouble.

My Dad's 84th birthday was last Sunday.  He sounded happy when I called to wish him happy birthday.  Now that I think of it, mid-January would be a great time to visit San Diego, for his birthday and for some warmth and relieve from our Maine winter!  Hmm, and next year will be his 85th.....   My sisters and brothers were there to go through more of my Mom's things, for disposition.  Dad will be moving into a smaller apartment at some point, so the need to do minor purging.  


No comments:

Post a Comment