Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Three Generation Household

Day One is in the books, and Day Two is nearly over.  What was once very common is now not so.  

Kelli and Jared bought a new car Saturday.  Jared took Sullivan to his daycare, and on the last four blocks to MCI, and Kelli took Henry to his Montessori School, and on to work. Kathy drove to her job on Water St.  So far, so good, everybody out the door in good time.

I had a little time to myself, took care of some bills, then got ready for my first physical therapy appointment.  With time off, I decided to get on track to have rotator cuff surgery.  I passed all the tests, so my therapist says there is no surgery in my future, yea!  

Back home, and on to the elliptical for the first time in close to two weeks.  I'd moved it into a little different location just after the last time I used it, so this was a bit of a trial run.  It worked like a charm, and so will stay put.  

I picked up Henry, managed to get the Camry out of the garage and up what is left of the slippery slope.  It was up to 37 degrees and the sun was shining, sure felt great after low 10's and sub-ten temperatures.  He was in full dress, snow boots and snow suit, so cute, covered with a winter jacket and eagle knit cap.  Next stop was Hillman's Bakery, just a short drive away, supplier of very good baked goods at very low prices.  Henry got his hippo cookie and I my oatmeal raisin, chocolate chip cookies and vanilla and chocolate cupcakes, yum.  Next, on to a mission to find some Mega Blok tracks, as we are a few short pieces for my happiness.  At least, no luck, and it was back to home.

Day Two went smoothly, so we are off to a good start.  I tried to get to the Sebasticook Regional Land Trust office today to do some overdue volunteer work, but aborted due to timing and lack of time, and ended up picking up Henry after all.  I did work out on the elliptical for the second day in a row, a very good thing, after missing it for the previous ten days.  


My Dad's birthday was Sunday, his 84th.  He sounded healthy and happy when I called to wish him happy birthday.  He's the last of our parents, and the last male of his siblings.  

I had an interesting trip just before Christmas.  I had previously discovered that a 4th cousin who has lived in Poland for the last decade would be visiting family in New England the month of December.  I organized a get together with his cousin and aunt, and I drove down to Bow, New Hampshire.  We had a good time, meeting each other face to face after a few years of only knowing each other through Facebook.  I found out new information on other cousins, too, and so am fast at work incorporating that into my family tree pages.  More on this in future posts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment