Thursday, August 11, 2011

So nice to be staying in one place for a week!


Thursday, August 11, my 59th birthday!  I’ve had birthday celebrations in Scottsdale AZ, Glacier National Park in Montana, while I worked there the summer of 1975, in Grand Tetons National Park when most of the West Coast Wescotts were on a Rocky Mountain vacation in 1992, Zion National Park in 1998 with Brady and Faithanne, Coronado in 2002 at Kelli’s awesome wedding, my 50th, and now in Alaska, my last one as a 50-something.  Maybe we can arrange to celebrate my 60th birthday in northern Canada somewhere. 

Kathy took me to a scrumptious dinner at the Fireweed Lodge tonight for my birthday.  My halibut was delicious, as was the peach pie.  She had filet mignon and pecan pie, wish was also delicious.  During dinner, other diners spotted two black bears across the Klawock River, making for my first look at a black bear in Alaska, very cool.

It rained virtually all last night, but it was sunny most of the day.  We were snug in our cabin all night, loving this spacious, clean, well-equipped temporary housing.  We had a nice, home-made dinner last night.  We are now about six minutes from the Klawock SEARHC Clinic where Kathy works.  The only drawback to this place is the super-slow wi-fi.  Downloading and uploading pictures is impossible.    

No comments:

Post a Comment