Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tuesday, a Gorgeous Day, and Monday

Tuesday is another beautiful day!  The sky is cloudless, the temperature climbing toward 70 degrees.  I take Kathy to work, then wait for 9 AM, when I can walk in and be seen for my shoulder, finally.  The PA is very helpful, from Vermont originally, does a thorough exam, makes a diagnosis, and then gives me a painless shot of cortisone.  This has worked on my before, so hopefully will work again.  I’m just so happy to finally get it looked at and fixed.

Back to Fish Fur Feathers B&B, and run into Ron and Edna, the owners.  Ron explains he rents out the rooms of his other house individually, and since we want at least two rooms, we’ll have to pass.  Too bad, it’s a nice place, not too big, not too small. 

I finish packing up, pay by check, and we are off.  Oh, forgot, Ron told me I was welcome to use the hose and carwash brush, so I take him up on it and wash the Ru.  It get’s dirty so fast, not sure if it’s the color, or the gravel roads, or the shape of the car, most likely all three.  Maybe mudflaps would help.

It’s too hot to leave the dogs in the car while I use the Internet, so we head to Cemetery Island, where I let them off the leash while I have lunch, and read the 14-page Ketchikan News.  J  They roam around the picnic table and forest edge for an hour while I take my time and enjoy the sun. 

Next, it's the Wheelhouse Coffeehouse, to use the Internet at their hotspot, catch up on Facebook, and my blog.  For the hassle the dogs are causing us, they are magnets for nice people:  I'm inside, with them tied up outside, and see a guy come by and introduce himself to the dogs and start petting them.  I go out and introduce myself.  Turns out he owns the coffeeshop and is trying to buy the entire building, and loves dogs.  He'll keep his eyes and ears open for us, too.  :-)  There are a lot of very nice people in these two towns. 

Monday, August 08, 2011 – Kathy starts her second week of work for SEARHC.  We do some laundry during her lunch hour.  I’ve caught a cold:  between this and my hurting shoulder, I’m sick of being sick. 

Picture this, two radio stations, that’s it.  One is from Ketchikan, and plays an odd mix of NPR, blues, and classical music, the other is country.  From Bellingham north, we traveled a great deal through farmland, and found much of the radio band covered by either religious programming or country music, neither of which we care for.  It’s a pain only having two radio stations, and none with current music.  I’m also a news junky, and am missing my daily newspaper, a lot!  Politics, planning, community, and a little sports, all missing from my diet for going on three weeks, ugh.  There is a Ketchikan weekly, but it’s very slim.  I think I’m going to subscribe to the electronic edition of the U-T. 

The DJIA lost over 600 points today!  Time to buy stocks!

Kathy gets our health insurance coverage established.  Now I can do find out what is wrong with my shoulder, and get it fixed, thank God. 

We finally find the house that Ron Pierce, our current landlord, has for rent.  It’s pretty nice, second floor about a tall ‘basement,’ really a first floor, newer, but surrounded by construction debris/material/equipment.  It’s in the housing development we like, behind the Kwalock grocery store and so very close to work. 

Kathy takes the dogs for a walk, while I stay home and keep warm.  So far this cold is confined to my nose only, a very good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment