Thursday, January 26, 2012

Snowing and Snowing, and Some Light at Work

Temperatures are hovering around 30 degrees, and there's been snow on the ground for a couple of days.  Today it snowed so hard between about 2:00 PM and 4:30 PM, I didn't recognize our car in the parking lot, and there were only about 12 cars!  No kidding!


Tomorrow brings the end of my first full week at work in a very long time, and it's been a strange one.  We had a consultant show up, arranged by the Director who no longer works for the tribe.  She was a wealth of information, and really got us going, us being me and the department assistant.  We were on a roll there for a couple of days.  Then, drama descended upon us, and she was gone, just like that.  We were both bummed.  She gave us enough information and training to keep going though, thank goodness.  Also made two good connections with the Bureau of Indian Affairs, and am anxiously awaiting good information from them.  


Kathy had the car today, since she had a dentist appointment.  That's a funny story, as 1) she had met the hygienist at a meeting earlier this week, 2) one of the receptionists is our landlord, and 3) the other worker goes to our church and we had met her previously.  It's so different, working in a small town vs. an anonymous big city.  It takes some getting used to.


So, when my workday ended at 4:30 PM, for some reason I decided to walk to SEARHC to meet Kathy and go home together.  It was a little worse outside than I'd imagined, but it wasn't a blizzard, and I had my thick coat on, so it was more adventure and fresh air, except the snowflakes were big and blowing in my face.  I made it, though, then couldn't find the car!  Kathy wasn't answering her phones (she was in a session), so I waited, got impatient, and started walking home.  At least in this direction the wind was not blowing in my face, plus the snowing had slowed down.  Not a bad walk, altogether, and got my exercise for the day.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment