Thursday, March 8, 2012

Rain Returns, Job Moves Along, Kathy is Gone, Dogs are Wa, Wa . :-(

I didn't realize we'd had so much rain until I took a drive down the road to Craig, and counted 25 waterfalls streaming down along The Cliffs.  Wow, haven't seen that many in a maybe months.  So I checked the Klawock Airport NOAA weather website, and found we've had over 1.25 inches since midnight.

I had one of my favorite dinners last night:  Chef Boy-ar-dee's Beef Ravioli, mmm mmm!  There was one large glass of wine left, red, of course, so I enjoyed that with my yummy ravioli.  What will tonight's dinner be?  

Kathy is having an interesting time in Sitka.  She told me about traffic, signals, an actual urban environment, complete with a McDonald's and a Subway.  She is enjoying meeting people she has talked to over the phone but never met.  She has even been recruited for a position there!  Now that we have found out there is a way to fly direct from Klawock to Sitka, it may be our vacation spot of choice.  People on the island don't seem to think much of Ketchikan.  

The poor dogs are depressed, wondering where their Kathy is and why she's not coming home to them.  

Last night was another Prince of Wales Marathon Committee meeting.  We settled on a supplier for the medals.  I also heard about one member's rollover crash, which happened last Saturday.  This is the second one I've heard of in a week, and both happened to drivers who have lived on the island a long time.  The first one, there were no injuries, and the car was okay.  The second one, the driver lost control, and rolled down a 30 foot embankment!  She was okay, the Ford Escape doing it's job, but it's totaled. It was four wheel drive, too.  These two accidents have been very sobering for me.  Both accidents happened in curves of the road, where shadows cover the roadway longer than other adjacent sections, so stay icy longer.  I'm going to be driving even more carefully from now on.  


Last week I got to attend two and a half days of workshops on managing EPA grants.  This was extremely helpful, as much of what I learned pertains to all federal grants.  





No comments:

Post a Comment